Monday, December 14, 2009

Crazies!!!

Earlier last month, I posted a blog on the definitons of a fan, a true fan. I was irritated by those who claim to be fans but desert their "devotion" at the earliest sign of trouble.

In case you missed it, I'll give you a quick run through.....

Fan: noun 1 : an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator 2 : an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

However, I failed to address the fans that take things to the next level.

I must admit, I am an ardent Dirk Nowitzki admirer.
Yes, I know his birthday,
and sometimes I celebrate it.
I may know his mother, sister, and father's names as well.
Though I live and breathe to watch him play,
I don't have locks of his hair underneath my pillow.
I've never seen what the inside or the outside of his house looks like,
which means, I have yet to camp outside his place.
I don't cry (only when he gets hurt) when he dates someone,
nor do i have voodoo dolls to wish evil upon those he dates.
I don't write nasty comments on those who blog untrue & hateful things about him.
And I've yet to own a jersey unwashed of his sweat.
I do not throw things or spit at opposing teams,
nor do I wish them death.
And most importantly,
I am not blind to his faults.

I am a fan. An ardent fan. Obsessive even. But psychotic I am not.

psy·cho(sk)ADJECTIVE:Crazy; insane.

To all those psychopaths out there.

I am entitled to my own opinion.
Yes, I'm tired of all the Tiger Woods jokes out there,
but I will laugh when I find one amusing.
Hwangbo is great.
You will never get Hyun Joong so stop hating on her.
Can I appreciate a good Dirk cut?
Yes, I can.
I am a fan.

Not a crazy!

3 comments:

Sasha said...

I'm sure you know but your postings are dripping with sarcasm. I come here to be amused. Can you post something about the Karidashians? I really need a good roar.

Anonymous said...

December must be a busy month for you. You don't seem to be blogging as much.

samiam said...

We miss you!!! Just chcking up on you!!! Have amerry chistmas!!