Saturday, April 17, 2010

LET'S DO THIS!

Dirk,
this year I promise not to take
the playoffs personally.

I won't break the remote control,
my phone,
my toe,
or my heart
the way I did
when you guys lost
to the HEAT
in the NBA finals
a few years back.

This year
I shall not fill buckets up with my precious
tears like I did the year
you were #1 seed
and lost in the first round.
Nope,
I won't shed a tear.

This year,
I will not let  Charles Barkley's
smug smile and lame comments
reduce me to a belligerent lunatic.

This year,
I won't go to work hurt
and hateful because you guys
have always managed to make one player
seem like a SUPASTAR!!!

No,
none of those things will I feel.

Because this year,
when you finally win it all,
I know it's not just for me.....
but for all your real fans,
the ones that have loved you guys forever.

So,
please,
LET AMAZING HAPPEN!!!!

1 comment:

craig said...

Every year they get lucky. You will be reduced to blubbering idiot by the end of playoffs. Go Celtics. That's a real team.