Monday, May 31, 2010

my bad


                                            
Rockport, Texas
I owe you an apology.

I admit, I have clowned on you quite often.
With a population of about 9,000 residents,
and one stop sign, you make it so easy.
You proudly boast that you are the
home of Dat Nguyen yet you have
no Starbucks..?  Come on.
See how easy you make it?

However, this weekend
you've  proven me wrong.
Yes, you are an incredibly small city,
but what you lack in size you
make up for in personality.

Your quaint little city houses
some of the nicest and 
hardest working people I've
met in a long time.
With their infectious smiles to
their helpful attitudes,
not only did they make the heat
go away but
they left me feeling a little
better about people in general.
You don't see that much
hospitality nowadays.

So, thank you for giving me a
semi decent vacation.

I'm not saying I love you Rockport
just your people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you like Rockport. Your smile looks a wee bit forced.