Sunday, March 27, 2011

sucker punched, i was.


Dear Sucker Punch,
        WHAT. THE. F????  Really?  What were you thinking?? I still cannot believe that I wasted two hours of my life on you. Two hours that I will never get back. Good grief, at one point I wanted to go to the restroom and just sit on the toilet for the remainder of the movie.  I mean, I even contemplated stabbing my eyes out but alas there was nothing sharp in my purse.  And if you think I'm exaggerating, I'm not.  Sigh, it is a most unfortunate habit I have that I must finish what I start. Otherwise, I would have followed the first three people that left the theater.
        It pains me now to even think about it. You were like the little engine that could, only you couldn't.  I mean you were trying, I gotta give you that much, but you were trying a little too hard. I'm sure you thought that if you put concepts from Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Tron, Karate Kid, Inception, Shutter Island, Moulin Rouge, Eragon, Avator, and etc. into one movie, it would be a success.  EPIC FAIL.
       What a hot mess you are. You've made it really hard for me to even look at my best friend.  She will never be allowed to pick out another movie for as long as we remain friends.  As a matter of fact, I almost revoked her best friend card. The husband did not fare well either.  The guy suggested watching this farce of a movie, got the best friend excited, only to bail out in the end. He too shall never get a say when it comes to movie night, though he won't notice because he'll be too busy watching k-dramas and reading books as punishment. Just Sayin'
No thanks,
me

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me and my husband don't go to a movie that much but last Friday was one of those day that we just decided to see one. Unfortunately we went to see this one, it's really bad but we ended up laughing for my husband said this movie sucker punch his wallet...^_^

Nala

meme said...

I see another fellow Joongbo-er...Hi Nala. That's pretty much how I felt walking out of the theater. Like dang it...man i got suckered into paying for that terrible movie =P

Anonymous said...

Hello! I've been silently lurking your website everyday since I saw it at SH...^_^...Nala

meme said...

Have you? Glad you came out of lurk mode!!! Sorry there isn't many Joongbo related posts here =/ They have been laying low, haven't they? I'm waiting for great news from them ;p

Anonymous said...

Yes, I look at your blog everyday as I do to SH. Don't say sorry, it's relaxing after working at numbers all day long and I feel like I'm getting to know you more and more after reading your posts...^_^...Yeah, there's not much news about them lately and SH is doing some maintenance at her site.

meme said...

Numbers? All day? That sounds like alot of work but that's because I really suck at math =p I'm sure you enjoy it!

SH is almost done and I'm sure her new layout will be great. They always are.

Well, im glad you're here too!! Don't be a stranger!

Ssangchudream said...

I almost got sucker (bad pun totally intended!) into watching this b/c despite the director's reputation, his movies' trailers always look so stylist and badass.

I have found all his movies to be not only terrible but rather offending as well especially since I found out he likes to turn female characters in comic book adaptations from astrophysicist to like strippers -__-

I know you like 300 so it's another point we have to differ on, Meme. This is a good thing though b/c it's nice to know I don't have a hotter doppleganger running around in Texas or something XD

your greatest best friend ever said...

you should pay for my next movie since this suck a$$ movie gave you something to blog(complain)about..next movie Jane Eyre, Hanna, and/or The Princess of Montpensier