Tuesday, March 22, 2011

true value.

It's not that I don't like flowers, I do.
I have a deep appreciation for them.
Yes, they are beautiful but they're so much more than that.
Like us, each flower has a story to tell....a history completely of it's own.
When presenting flowers as a gift, I just believe that one should at least be aware
of what the flower signifies and the story it holds.
Someone sent me Lilies of the Valley once,
stating that along with the flowers so would be the "return of my happiness."
Simple and understated, those flowers held a wealth of meaning.
Though they were inexpensive, nothing has been able to top that.
Call me pretentious, but I'll pass on the expensive vase of flowers
if it's only purpose is for me to admire it's beauty.
After all, flowers as gifts are only relevant when it actually means something.

No comments: