Tuesday, May 31, 2011

yup, still a fan.

I've been told that I take basketball to a whole new level.
I'm sorry about that, I am.
I've also been accused of being super defensive and
a trifle over protective when it come to the Dallas Mavericks.
I'm also sorry about that. I just can't help it. I love them.
But this year, I've made an extra effort not to
go over board with my extreme fanning...
no facebook updates, limited entries on my blog,
no arguments with students, no bar fights.
I was doing well, I promise, until today.
I know we have new fans, which is always great,
but it bugs me a little when you claim to be fans
of a team and as soon as they start to lose..
you start wailing about how you spent an enormous amount
on a pink jersey, only to watch them lose.
First of all, look up the word fan.
Second of all, Mavericks team color is blue, white and green yo!!
Third of all, never mind....
just take off your pink jersey and call it a day.
I bleed blue, white and green.
I've been watching them fight their way to the playoffs the last 14 years,
so please, shut your face or I might just do it for you.
Thanks.

4 comments:

carter said...

I'm guessing you don't want me to get you a pink jersey then??

Tell us how you really feel Do. Was your face purple and blue while you were typing this entry?

I have to say that I miss our sports analysis the most. What you think about tonight's game?

meme said...

Why do they even make pink jerseys? I find it insulting. Like females can only wear pink...so they make us pink jerseys...pfft!

It was actually black and blue =p You know me so well.

The game was pretty sloppy...but considering how bad we were doing..we didn't lose by that much. Hopefully we won't be shooting like that the next games.

Unknown said...

I am with you on the pink. I buy NO pink anything in team gear...PERIOD!

You and I know who the true fans are.....you and me. LOL

meme said...

Debbie-I think you feed my obsession a little too much =p