Sunday, January 22, 2012

weekend wrap up.


 Museums and fashion!!!???
Count me in, please!
 I know John Paul Gaultier is known for dressing
the likes of Madonna and Lady Gaga but was I in for a surprise.
Let's just say this collection was the tamest of them all.
Everything else was just very different.
 Oakcliff has an undeserved reputation for being very ghetto.
It's not nearly as bad as everyone perceives it to be.
Hidden in the heart of Oakcliff,
 is a very quaint area called Bishop Arts District.
We ventured out and did a little discovering.
Cretia's Bakery!! 
Not a fan of sweets but even I was convinced to try 
a cookie or two...or maybe even three!!!
ODDFELLOWS,
reputed to have the best Chicken & Waffles in the DFW area!
Sadly, it was not on the brunch menu.
 The infamous Oddfellows Macchiato...
it only took us an hour wait =/
 Tien & Mai came into town this weekend!
Rosie arranged for us to do a little artwork!!!
The art major took his work a little too seriously!
Someone ought to tell Tien it's just an excuse to drink.
Speaking of drinking.......
 Now this is what most of the girls were excited about.
 My final product.
Bid starts at a million. I kid, I kid.
Scottie, the brother in law, sent me a package from Korea.
And the husband seemed a little too excited about it.
 And of course.....the Asian crowd bringing in the new year!!

It's the Year of the Dragon!! 
Happy Lunar New Year everyone!!! 
It's been a hectic weekend but great nonetheless.
Friends & family came in from out of town
and we ventured out and had a good time!!!!
Hope this year brings you much good luck!!
Btw...we're not planning to have a dragon baby...

So please stop asking us =)

4 comments:

ericvictor said...

Chuc Mung Nam Moi!! How about that for you? How often does a Mexican spout out Vietnamese? Where's my red envelope full of monies???

tienphamsd said...

Thanks for the cupcakes! It was delicious. I think you need to send me some! I'm a sucker for bribery. ;)

GaGa said...

Happy Lunar New Year!!!
Kung Hei Fat Choy!

meme said...

Hola!!! How about that for my Spanish!! Tell your lady she left her jacket with me!! Btw, heard she was going off to Baylor to get her Masters....are you going to follow suit??

Tien-If you want some you better plan another trip. You also forgot your ring =)

GaGa- Happy Year of the Black Water Dragon!!! Hope everything goes well for you!!!!