Sunday, November 15, 2009

cry me a river.....

I'm sure everyone has heard of the Middle Child Syndrome.

The middle child believes they suffer grave injustice and negligence. They are often seen sulking in the corner and hosting their own pity party.

I've often wondered about the validity of one suffering from this complex.

And you know what? After much thought, I think they totally have the right to cry and complain.

Before they are even born, they get screwed over. I mean, traditionally only first borns get a baby shower. Oh...so all those cute gifts, they don't get it. And let's face it, hand me downs don't count either.

Teachers expect them to live up to the predecessors or fail miserably.

At family reunions they are stuck listening to snarky remarks. Oh...the oldest is so responsible and the youngest is so cute.

What about me, yo? Am I chop liver or what? I'm responsible AND cute.

Oh, my bad, welcome to my party.

Yea, I'm a middle child. And, yes, it's my party and I can cry if I want to!!!!

1 comment:

samiam said...

Yes...we sure get screwed over!!!!