Sunday, March 7, 2010

for your own good!!!!

My wise cousin, Sen, educated me once 
on how to spot someone who is 
"tight."
Not the good tight either but the bad one.
Tight as in tight with their money.
Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong
with being frugal,
but if you're always 
the first to order
wine and lobster
and the last to pull out your 
wallet,
it's only etiquette, 
I think,
to tip,
or  at least pretend to tip.
I mean, 
your meal was FREE.

So, to everyone else out there who isn't "tight", 
here are a few signs to look for so you're not stuck being the chump....

If they go by "Tight" or "Birdie"  it's probably because their cheap..cheap..cheap..or tight...tight...tight.

Pay attention to their seating arrangements in a restaurant.  The cheap ones will always strategically seat themselves furthest away from the wait staff.  It's a ploy to distance themselves from the bill in hopes that someone else will pick up their tab.  

They will conveniently be in the boys/girls room every time the check arrives.  

"Oh no"  it seems like they have forgotten their wallets, again.  

They remembered to bring the wallet but their magnetic strip to their bankcard seems to be malfunctioning, can you cover?

Last but not least, they are always the last ones to throw in their portion in hopes that someone will over pay.

Now remember,
fool me once, 
shame on you, 
fool me twice,
shame on me.

Don't be a sucker!!!

Btw, thanks sen, you're the best.
And Rook, Happy Birthday.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait, you know someone name birdie too?????