Sunday, April 24, 2011

weekend wrapup.

Hats off to Bao..who designed, built, and painted 
the wooden giraffe for Huy's baby shower. 
He, of course, had the help of the pretty Ta sisters =P
 The same could be said about Hien, 
who literally crafted the cake before our eyes.
Ha. I know. Say what, right???
My 76yr old aunt, my most favorite person in the whole world,
made it for me this weekend when I stopped in for a surprise visit.
Yes, it's so ugly, it's cute. She's great.
 If you're ever in Louisiana..you must try the begniets.
I'm not much of a dessert fan, but I surely would eat begniets
for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could.
 Pronounced bɛˈɲɛ, this deep fried pastry is extremely popular with the locals.
It goes great with coffee, nom, nom, nom.
Tommy gave me a Polaroid 300 instant camera just recently.
However, he gets super embarrassed when I bust it out at events.
Despite what I say, he vehemently believes his wife 
is the only creature that totes "such an archaic" device around.
It's nice to have proof that I'm not the only one, my cousin Kim has one too!!!
Yes, that would be me, doubling over in pain after the Mavericks
lost a 23 pt lead in the fourth quarter of game 4 against Portland.
It hurts so fierce!!
I had a blast in Louisiana.
I forgot how great just hanging with the family can be.
Thanks cousins!!  I really do appreciate everything!
I think I finally found a cure for my insomnia.
All this traveling, has totally worn me out,
sure signs of getting old, I'm sure.
I loved going back to Louisiana
but damn...it feels good to be home!

5 comments:

Anh said...

aw! thanks for coming down, it was a blast!! and we're very thankful for everything you did for us!!

R-O-C-K, YOU ROCK! YOU ROCK! =)

Ssangchudream said...

Man, your family seems incredibly talented! o.O

Do the beignets have anything inside them?

meme said...

Anh...I'm going to be honest I will never eat butter cream frosting ever again. Helping you make that was life changing, I shall never touch that again =P Also, thanks for helping me assemble the easel.

Ssangchudream-talents that totally skipped me. They are pretty awesome though.

YOU have to try them. That is what I miss most about Louisiana. People liken them to doughnuts...such blasphemy. It is dough that is deep fried but its so light and fluffy. It originated in France but it's been changed up a bit=p In France it does have fruit filling. You can see how I feel about them. Sigh. I miss them already.

Brother said...

whack!!! i didnt go a pig pillow.

meme said...

Haha. I didn't tell her I was coming so she felt bad that there was no food ready...she made me a stuffed pig pillow instead. I think she still thinks were 10 =p