Monday, August 8, 2011

carpe diem.

Apparently, I woke up Saturday morning ready to do just that, to seize the day. I LIKE to do things the hard way, at least that's what I want to believe. But the truth is, I think I'm just an idiot. Years ago, when I was young, very young, in a moment of rebellion, I decided to get a tattoo. It was so horribly painful, I swore up and down I would never come within 5 inches of a needle again. Did I learn?? Obviously not. I never do, to think I'm a teacher too. In a moment of spontaneity Andrea and I both decided to get tattoos. I figured we'd give each other the courage we needed. You'd think that after going to six different tattoo parlors, all of which were closed or too busy, I would take that as a sign not to get one. Did I heed the warning? Nope. I was going to seize the day and get a tattoo, dammit. So when I finally sat in the chair to get inked, I was feeling quite smug. No one was going to deter my plans. That was until the buzzing of the needle was in my ear. After that I was practically crapping in my pants. What was I thinking? My bad, I wasn't. I was trying to seize the damn day. Sigh, did it hurt? Yea, it hurt like hell but I didn't even wince or cry....ok maybe just a little. I was pretty bad-ass if I do say so myself.  That was until I stood up and fainted. Yes, bad-ass Meme took a spin around the room and fell with a plop. The tattoo artist caught me but not before I busted my lip on the arm of the chair. Yea, so now I have a busted lip and a tattoo.  That's some street creds yo! No one's going to want to mess with me now.  No one but Tommy, whose been choking on his own laughter!!! Sigh, I'll never live this down. Carpe diem my arse.


3 comments:

carter said...

Do, this is what I miss most about moving away, your stories.

Brother said...

You know they spelled carpe diem wrong right?

parker said...

nice. can't say you didn't seize the day.